Von Der Stadtrand German Shepherds - Incredible Dogs

W2169 Hanson Rd, Jefferson, WI 53549, USA

Bella was just 9 months. She is one of the best shepherds we've owned (4th one).

She is very much a people dog but yet never backs down when playing with our 15 month old shepherd. She is always happy, with a loving life attitude. She's extremely smart and knows her job is to keep watch especially at night, for example, she alerted us to someone parked in the lane to the woods east of our house at 1:30am. We also became grandparents this year and of course worried about how she'd handle having a little one in her house on occasion.

She checks on him, gives him kisses and leaves him alone. We have been so impressed with her and her temperament, we definitely recommend getting a dog from Clayton.

Product or Service Mentioned: Von Der Stadtrand German Shepherds German Shepherd Dog.

Reason of review: Good quality.

Von Der Stadtrand German Shepherds - Love my Shepherd!

I wasn’t going to replace my last shepherd after her passing.

But when I found Clayton and his awesome family, I couldn’t say no. Clayton let me visit the mom and dad of the upcoming litter. He reassured me every step of the way. He was accessible and forthcoming with answers to all my questions. I never had to worry about how she was treated before she came to us.

Our Kaya is wonderful! Beautiful and full of life. She learns so fast! She loves other dogs and loves to play.

I didn’t think I could love another dog as much as my last shepherd, but after only 5 months, I know I made the right choice. We’ll be friends for life.

Lia and Kaya

Door County Wisconsin

Reason of review: Good customer service.

Von Der Stadtrand German Shepherds - Great breeder and incredible dogs

5.0

I always wanted a german shepherd, but it took me a while to find a great breeder that would help me with any and all questions. Clayton offers complementary training on weekends and is always there to support his dog owners.

I started with a female puppy that has deep red and black coloration. Her temperament is so desirable , but it does take training to make any dog behave like you want them to. Clayton's dogs have those raw incredible qualities of intelligence, loyalty and beauty. With the additional training that he offers, you can't help but end up with a companion that will love you and protect you.

I was so impressed with my first dog, that I purchased another puppy. I have been equally delighted with the second pup.

I would not hesitate to send someone to buy a dog or puppy from Clayton and Margaret. I have met several people at training that are wonderful and it gives the dogs a chance to be social.

Von Der Stadtrand German Shepherds - Truly Wonderful Dog

5.0

I have wanted a German Shepherd for as long as I can remember, but I didn’t know I wanted a Von der Stadtrand dog until the day I met my Dad’s dog. She is beautiful, intelligent and very gentle with my daughter, everything I wanted in a German Shepherd.

Right away I knew, I needed to get to a hold of Clayton. In anticipation of being able to get my own Von der Stadtrand dog, I began attending their club training every weekend, being able to participate in this was invaluable. Seeing how Clayton conducted the sessions and meeting other owners with their Von der Stadtrand dog’s confirmed what I had felt from the beginning, there is something truly special about Clayton’s family and these dogs.

In February of 2015 we got our puppy! He is truly a wonderful dog, handsome and smart with an amazing temperament.

Reason of review: Good quality.

I liked: Instructions for receiving of dog, Our puppy, Customer care.

Von Der Stadtrand German Shepherds - Dishonest and would not recommend

1.3

I had a very poor experience with this breeder when I purchased a young adult from him. Since I was shipping several states away, I asked many questions about behavior and health, including bad behaviors such as jumping and the same questions on hips as another reviewer who had a bad experience.

The beautiful young dog that I got, is not at all what I had asked about. It was extremely important to me that this dog didn't jump due to an older person in the home, however, Clayton said she did not jump. However, that is what this dog always does and I have not been able to stop this behavior in five years. I also have the exact response regarding hips, and was told the exact thing after I received my dog.

X-rays were even provided to me of this dog at a younger age, which means nothing at that age as the certifying body waits until the age of 2 in order to certify hips. I called on a couple of occasions to ask questions and get help on behavior issues, and I was cursed at and phone slammed down while I was talking. I completely agree that this breeder is only after the money. I bred this female dog as well with a local stud dog who is certified and imported, and stopped breeding after discovering the health issues and hip issues of this dog and of the puppies.

The stud dog hasn't had issues, but my dog from him has had many, health and behavioral including hip concerns and myasthenia gravis, and neurotic behavior issues. He also did not tell me of a hernia in which I inquired about before purchasing. Please do your homework before buying a puppy or dog. I thought I had asked all the right questions, however, it takes an honest person and breeder to provide the right answers for the person to determine the correct fit.

Clayton and his family only told me the "good" things and how much they would offer support if needed, etc. Even though I specifically asked about behavior issues and health issues. I would never recommend him to anyone.

The dog I received, I will continue to love and care for, but she is not at all what I was told and described and I have more frustrating times with her than what should have been great times if only the breeder would have been honest. He and his family only care about the money.

I liked: Instructions for receiving of dog.

I didn't like: Customer service, Value, Price, Dishonesty, Product.

Comments

I have 2 GSDs from Clayton and they are hands down the most amazing dogs. One is 10 and the other is 5 months.

They are incredible smart, loyal, loving and protective. My 10 yr old girl is so gentle with our 1 year old daughter. They truly have the best temperament. Clayton is responsive and very passionate about what he does.

We have never had an issue with either dog. We are customers for life!

Von Der Stadtrand German Shepherds - Wonderful shepard

Pewaukee,Wisconsin

We bought our female Shepard 5 years ago she came from the D litter. We have owned many other Shepard from other breeders.

This Shepard is far the best one we have ever owned. She is beautiful, she has beautiful markings a beautiful coat, beautiful dark face and beautiful coat color. She has excellent temperament, she has a deep love for the family. We get many praises on how beautiful she is.

No health problems. We never took her to any training, we socialized her just like the Claytons told us from the beginning an she is well adjusted. I would defiantly buy another one from them. If we ever had questions the are always contacting us back with answers.

Their advice on what brand of food to feed her has been excellent.

Reason of review: Fair pricing.

I liked: Easy.

Von Der Stadtrand German Shepherds - Simple Review #1473056034

Crandon,Wisconsin

Great dogs superior breeder

Clayton Warichak and his wife Margaret are committed to ensuring that all of their German Shepherd puppies for sale go to homes where they will be appreciated and loved. It's not uncommon for them to spend several weeks before the sale in contact with a prospective new owner, answering questions and helping them choose exactly the right dog to fit into their family.

Von Der Stadtrand German Shepherds - Dog Review from Muskego, Wisconsin

There are not enough words to describe how amazing Clayton and his dogs are. My now 5 year old daughter had been wanting a GSD for quite a while (I waited many years until we were in a great house and I had the time for a dog) so after my dad got one of Clayton's dogs we fell in love and had to have one.

I spent a lot of time going to club training and getting to know a lot of the Von Der Stadtrand dogs as well as Clayton and his family. They were so good to all of their club members and stood by their dogs, so I was sold. We have now had our dog Reinhart for almost a year and he is absolutely amazing. Clayton was right there in the beginning for every little question or training help I needed (I was a firt time GSD owner), no question was too silly and no amount of time spent helping me was too much to him.

He is a truly amazing breeder and knows his stuff. I would recommend him and his dogs to anyone. Reinhart is SO good with our 5 year old daughter, they are best buddies. Von Der Stadtrand dogs are amazing working, show, and family dogs with the perfect temperament.

I trust this dog with my daughter no matter what and he would protect his family to his dying breath if he had to. I am so grateful I got to know Clayton. We have the perfect dog.

On to number 2 now! We will never buy a dog from anyone else.

Product or Service Mentioned: Von Der Stadtrand German Shepherds Dog.

Reason of review: Good quality.

Von Der Stadtrand German Shepherds - Review in Animal Services category from Cedarburg, Wisconsin

Cedarburg,Wisconsin
5.0

Im a proud owner of a Von der Stadtrand German Shepherd for two years now. I wasnt going to go with Clayton and Margaret originally but my first breeder didnt have puppies in a timely manner and didnt communicate so I found Clayton. I receive a compliment on my GSD almost every day. She is a beauitful girl with great temperament and health.

Clayton and Margaret have been very supportive as this is my first GSD. They have always responded quickly whenever I had questions both via the phone and email. Clayton has always provided multiple options for solving any problems.

When we had our baby, I was worried but my GSD has been nothing but gentle and loving towards her. I'm lucky to have found a GSD with such a loving temperament towards children.

Reason of review: Good customer service.

Von Der Stadtrand German Shepherds - Excellent Breeders, Amazing Dogs

5.0

We purchased our puppy and brought Gypsy home in January of 2014. She is a year and a half old now and just passed her BH obedience test and AD endurance test, along with two other Von Der Stadtrand shepherds, Lilly and Poseidon.

Clayton, Margaret, and their son Seth have all been so helpful in the free training sessions that they offer every Saturday. They produce top notch dogs, and are extremely helpful in training every step of the way. We are first time shepherd owners and they have provided us with the tools to properly train our dog.

Our girl Gypsy is beautiful,healthy, has strong nerves and an excellent temperament. We have had a very positive experience and I highly recommend this breeder!

Product or Service Mentioned: Von Der Stadtrand German Shepherds Dog.